Communication is one of the foundations of human experience. However, for some, communicating with others can be a frustrating experience. Communication difficulty can come in a variety of forms, such as difficulty speaking, problems reading and writing, or even understanding others. For those with communication difficulties, there’s hope with PTS and our expert Speech-Language Pathologists.
What are the benefits of Speech-Language Pathology?
If you have difficulties speaking, understanding, reading, writing, memory, problem solving or swallowing, Speech Therapy can help! A Speech-Language Pathologist is a professional who can evaluate, diagnose and provide rehabilitative therapy for cognitive, communication and swallowing disorders in individuals of all ages, from infants to the elderly. Services include evaluation and treatment of:
- Brain injuries
- Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s Disease
- Speech Fluency (Dysarthria, Apraxia Visual-Perceptual Deficits)
- Swallowing Dysfunctions
- Voice Disorders
- Cognitive Linguistic Deficits
What should I expect from Speech Therapy?
- Improve comprehension and speech, including articulation and word finding.
- Improve the ability to communicate using an augmentative communication device.
- Learn techniques to improve memory, solve problems and make decisions in everyday situations.
- Improve the quality of your voice.
- Learn techniques to help you swallow safely.
How do I get into Speech Therapy?
A referral from your physician is required. Your physician can call one of our clinics to schedule your initial evaluation with a Speech-Language Pathologist.
Will my insurance cover Speech Therapy?
Most medical insurance, including Medicare, cover the cost of therapy. We will contact your insurance company to determine your benefits. At your first visit, we will discuss these benefits with you.